School Reopening on Thursday 3 September 2020
Start at 8.45am and finish at 2.45pm throughout the Autumn Term
Students should arrive for a 8.45am start, no earlier than 8.30am.
The students will finish at 2.45pm and must leave the premises. We will unfortunately not be able to run our session 3 programme of extra-curricular activities in the Autumn Term. We are hoping that we will be able to start the activities after school in the Spring Term.
Year 9 students should not have any contact with any other year groups. Because of this we will not be having Personal Tutorial time each day. The Personal Tutor (PT) will meet with their tutees in the first full week and will phone home to check in with parents. The PT will be keeping contact with their tutees ‘virtually’ using Microsoft Teams.
Timetables for 2020-21 will be emailed to the students’ Walsall Academy email accounts and to parents on 20 August.
Please click here to read the important information about Autumn Term Arrangements for Year 9 students.
Coronavirus and Structure of the Day
The plans for the larger return of students and staff to the building have been made in conjunction with ‘Social Distancing’ rules and the Covid-19 Risk Assessment.
It is a requirement of all students to observe the ‘social distancing’ rules as follows:
- Do not come to school if you or anyone in your household have any of the Covid-19 symptoms; fever, persistent cough, loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Arrive during the stated time frame only and do not congregate outside the Academy gates on Lichfield Road;
- Report directly to your timetabled classroom and no other place within the school;
- Leave the Academy immediately once lessons have finished;
- Keep your distance from others wherever possible, especially adults and those not in your year group bubble;
- Wash or sanitise your hands when arriving at school and regularly throughout the day;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Do not share equipment with others. Make sure you bring everything you need (e.g. exercise books, completed work, pen, ruler, calculator etc.);
- Wherever possible avoid public transport by walking or cycling to school;
- Refrain from socialising with peers before or after school, as per current government guidance.
Please click here for Year 9 Social Distancing Instructions.
Please click here for guidance on NHS Test and Trace.
Security and visitors
Owing to Covid-19 we are not accepting visitors, including parents, unless absolutely necessary. We ask that instead you contact the Academy by telephone on (01922) 493910 or email email@example.com.
How to access Show My Homework. Click here
How to access School Email Account. Click here
How to access Microsoft Teams. Click here
Please click on the following to view information and policies relevant to the 2020-2021 academic year:-
Please click here for an updated map of the Academy which includes the new extension:-