- Your child has a Personal Tutor who will offer guidance and support whilst at the Academy.
- You will be able to meet with your child’s Personal Tutor between 3.30pm – 5pm on Tuesday 7 September 2021 to Thursday 16 September 2021.
- Please make sure your child is aware of times when you can attend on these evenings, so they can book a meeting time with their Personal Tutor on your behalf. Meetings should take no longer than fifteen minutes.
- The aim of the meeting is to establish a link between you, your child and the Personal Tutor. The Personal Tutor will discuss their role in relation to the wellbeing of your child whilst at the Academy.
- For parents/carers, the Personal Tutor is the first point of contact for any issue that affects your child. By adopting this policy, parents/carers are assured of an effective communication strategy between home and school.
- The Personal Tutor may, for a variety of reasons, be unable to answer some questions on the night of the meeting. Personal Tutors will respond to the parent or carers after gathering the required information.
- For current students and parents/carers there is an opportunity to discuss the End of Year Report issued to students in July 2021 and to set targets for the new academic year.
- All parents/carers are required to attend this meeting.
- Parents/carers wishing to discuss issues in greater depth are asked to make a second appointment.
- Students may wait in the restaurant area until the arrival of parent or carers. Parents/carers will be guided from reception to the restaurant to meet their child for the meeting. Students will then escort parents/carers to their Personal Tutor location.
- In order to update our records, Personal Tutors will be asking parents to check the details on our MIS system for their child which will give addresses, emergency contact and medical information etc.
Show My Homework and Teams demonstrations
- If you wish to find out more about the ‘Show My Homework’ and Teams your child’s Personal Tutor will happily give you a demonstration.
- Two or more appointments will need to be made where there is more than one child at the Academy.
- Parents/carers are reminded that the Academy has limited parking on site for visitors. However on these evenings parents/carers will be able to park on site if spaces are available. If not, it will be necessary to park outside the Academy.
- Parents/carers are reminded that the Academy will close by 6.00pm each evening.
We look forward to seeing you at the Academy in September.