General Duke of Edinburgh Information
A Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is the recognition of a young person’s successful journey of self-discovery and development, renowned by employers and universities alike. Its balanced programme develops the whole person – mind, body and soul, in an environment of social interaction and team working.
You can do programmes at three levels:
- Bronze (aged 14+) – Years 9/10 (2019-2020)
- Silver (aged 15+) – Year 11 (2019-2020)
- Gold (aged 16+) – Year 12 (2019-2020)
You achieve an Award by completing a personal programme of activities in four (five for Gold) sections:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community.
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities.
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests.
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad.
- At Gold level, you must do an additional Residential section, which involves working and staying away from home doing a shared activity.
Programme Dates (2019-2020)
Click on the Images below to view their respective timetables.